Every Organization needs an upgrade from time to time, the way they perform any task or manage internal/external process i.e Organization migrate to new Odoo versions even when their ERP system is fully functional and fulfilling your business requirement. As Odoo is evolving with new features to increase productivity, it adds-on new modules with changing trends. With extensive research and the problems faced by many businesses at grass-root levels, Odoo updates its new versions with localized solution.
For example every country has different taxes and tax structure, in the latest version 12 current and accurate charts of accounts, taxes, legal reports, electronic invoices, API code for tax requirement, UBL has been developed for localization for some European countries. Writing script feature (right to left) is developed for Middle East countries. Localization development has been done for Mexico; electronic conversation links to PIC available in enterprise version of Odoo 12. Companies look forward for their requirement and if it’s available in new versions they go for migration.
Below are the steps that are needed on migration.
When we are taking about database migration, we need to fully backup the databases including custom modules.
Steps on migration of database:
Database backup: Before migrating your database to new version, Setup your demo server from production server with all modules and database. In case of failed migration process and data loss, it can be revived from the back up.
· Step-by-step migration: Step-by-step migration script is run from current version to next version.
· Fix Issues at the time of migration: During migration if an error occurs, it needs to be resolved first and after that the same process is run again.
· Fix issues after migration: After migration views, menus and data are checked with the older version, if the functionality doesn’t match with the original then they are fixed again.
· If the data doesn’t match with the original data then the script needs to be imported from the older version to new version.
· Final Migration: Once all the data and functionality is matched with older version then it is finally migrated to production environment.
Migrate to newer version without any worry