Every Organization needs an upgrade from time to time, the way they perform any task or manage internal/external process. This is the reason for migrating to the newer versions of Odoo even though your existing system is fulfilling every need of your business. But, with every new version, Odoo is evolving and expanding with new features that surely increase productivity. Also, with every new version, Odoo adds new modules according to the latest trends. With extensive research and the problems faced by many businesses at grass-root levels, Odoo updates its new versions with a localized solution.
For example, every country has different taxes and tax structure, in the latest version 12 current and accurate charts of accounts, taxes, legal reports, electronic invoices, API code for tax requirement, UBL has been developed for localization for some European countries. Odoo's latest version has the functionality of writing script from right to left, it has been developed for Middle East countries. Localization development has been done for Mexico; electronic conversation links to PIC available in the enterprise version of Odoo 12.
Steps for data migration:
At the time of database migration, we keep the full backup of the databases (custom module's data included)
Steps on migration of database:
Database backup: Before migrating your database to the new version, Setup your demo server from production server with all modules and database. In case of failed migration process and data loss, it can be revived from the backup.
· Step-by-step migration: Step-by-step migration script is run from the current version to the next version.
· Fix Issues at the time of migration: During migration, if an error occurs, it needs to be resolved first and after that, the same process is run again.
· Fix issues after migration: After migration views, menus and data are checked with the older version, if the functionality doesn’t match with the original then they are fixed again.
· If the data doesn’t match with the original data then the script needs to be imported from the older version to new version.
· Final Migration: Once all the data and functionality is matched with older version then it is finally migrated to production environment.
Migrate to newer version without any worry